Friday 17 August 2012

Now printing with platic

Just purchased an old Rapman that needed a little work from someone in Sydney for a good price. It was kind an impulse buy, I have ordered and have been waiting for a Makibox for a few months(http://www.makible.com/products/makibox-a6-1) but one of the guys called me and asked if I wanted it.  


So I introduce my first PLA testprint. I call him Wobot, took about 5 mins to design in Google Sketchup and takes about 40mins to print.


Wobot in Google Sketchup
Wobot printing


Wobot printed and cleaned up a little, accidently broke his teeth out while cleaning


Before printing with PLA I did try printing with ABS but as I don't have a heated bed I get bad warping and the print quality does not look as good.


Very first print, A happy/sad coin




Here are some of the ABS parts I printed before I got the PLA.

No comments:

Post a Comment